by admin

Murder Mystery at Aloha High School

January 29, 2010 in Beaverton History, Beaverton Oregon, Student Reporters by admin

Murder Mystery at Aloha High School Who murdered two Aloha students in 1974? by Brianna Epstein Aloha High School Student Reporter Beaverton, OR- Aloha High School, December 3rd 2009 about 11a.m. A young hispanic man enters the Aloha High School main office and turns in an Aloha class ring on a gold chain from 1975 to secretary Ms. Nieslanik. He
read more

by hferal

The History of Beaverton, Oregon- Rose Biggi

January 24, 2010 in Beaverton History by hferal

Rose Merlo lived with her family until 1920 when she married a young Italian man who worked for her father, Louie Biggi. When her father retired, the Biggi’s bought 14 acres to farm near what is now Cedar Hills Blvd. Seven years later Louie died, leaving Rose to raise and support three children-and 14 acres full of vegetables. Three acres
read more

by mmeinz

History of the people of Beaverton, Oregon – Otto Erickson and Guy Carr: Car Dealerships

January 24, 2010 in Beaverton History by mmeinz

In 1915, Otto Erickson opened Beaverton Garage, the first automobile garage in town, with a capital investment of $3,500. Later that year he became Beaverton’s Ford Agent. In 1917 he added Hillsboro to his territory and by 1918, he was the Ford agent for Washington County. By 1920, that $3,500 investment had grown to over $96,000. Otto was president of
read more

by mmeinz

History of the people of Beaverton, Oregon – Alonzo Cady: Beaverton’s First Mayor

January 24, 2010 in Beaverton History by mmeinz

Alonzo Brockway Cady settled in Beaverton in 1892, bringing his family boot and shoe business with him, and in no time was the towns leading merchant. He became Beaverton’s first mayor in 1893, shortly after the town was incorporated.

by hferal

History of Beaverton, Oregon- The Bank of Beaverton

January 24, 2010 in Beaverton History by hferal

The Bank of Beaverton, the town’s first bank, was founded in 1910. In 1923 a new Spanish colonial building was constructed on the corner of Farmington and Watson. The present day occupant of the old bank building is Arthur Murray Dance Studio.